The Skunk Train
The 121 year old Skunk Train is the most popular attraction on California's North Coast. It is one of the ten best scenic train trips in North America, with track winding along the Noyo River and through Coastal Mountains and towering redwoods.
With a route crisscrossing over the Noyo River and cutting through the coastal mountains to towering redwood forests, a ride aboard the Skunk Train is spectacular. More than 800 trips a year are offered from two stations at opposite ends of our railroad in Fort Bragg and Willits.
- North spur: 3-5 hour roundtrip costs $45 and departs Fort Bragg 10am. Trips offered daily Spring-Fall and on Winter weekends.
- North spur Steam: The $45 Fort Bragg North spur trip is pulled by #45 steam engine Wed-Sat in Summer. Schedule subject to change.
- North spur Barbecue: During the summer the Skunk Train offers $65-$70 afternoon trips with entertainment and delicious barbecue at North spur. Trips depart Tues-Sat from Fort Bragg 3:30 pm.
- Overnighters: Because we simultaneously send trains from both stations on North spur trips, you can transfer to the other train for overnight stay in Fort Bragg or Willits. Package includes return train trip.
- Special Events: Monthly events including Steam Celebration, Little Engine that Could Tour, Wine & Redwoods, Music in the Redwoods, Christmas Train, Pumpkin Train, and more. Call for Timetable or visit our web site www.SkunkTrain.com for schedules.